Thursday, 21 August 2008

When I Was Little....



There is a topic at Etsybloggers this month for one of the Blog Carnivals to write about something you did as a child and will always remember. I very much remember this one event which involved me being rather naughty but weirdly my parents don't remember it at all.....

They have a photo of me which is black and white and I am looking all cute and grumpy sitting on my tricycle. I have a stripy top on and the same haircut as the picture above. My parents think this is an amusing photo where I look all stroppy, but I totally remember why and they don't.

My parents live a fairly big town house with a garden out back. The garden leads out from the basement so if you are in their bedroom you are three floors up and looking out over the back garden. One summer (oh those glorious hot and hazy chidlhood summers) they had friends round and there were lots of people chilling out in the garden. I was inside mooching about possible having a teddy bears tea party and exploring.

I was in my parents bedroom and the window was open. On the dresser was a jar of Vicks Vaporub; one of those dark blue glass jars with a green lid. I vividly remember wondering what would happen if I threw if out the window.... so I did. Why?! I really think I wanted to know if it would smash. It did. And I got a big telling off. Which is why I am looking grumpy in the photo.

I love the fact that they don't remember me doing that.

Unfortunately I don't have that photo on my 'pooter, so I have posted one of me and my brother instead.

3 comments:

T.Allen-Mercado said...

That pic is absolutely adorable! Your brother-does he still behave that way? lol...

As for your parents not remembering-I can tell you that we devise a plan of deliberately forgetting lest we go mad before you make it out into the world. Thanks for sharing!

storybeader said...

it's funny, the things we remember doing as children, and what our parents remember. Naughty girl!

Waterrose said...

What a great story! I love reading about people when they were little.