Friday, 20 June 2008

Success

The theme for one of the blog carnivals at Etsy Bloggers is 'what does success mean to you'.... which I was thinking about and is a tricky one....

I guess to a large majority of the world it's good job, money, home, family and possibly dog/cat/rabbit/chinchilla. But I don't think that's what it means to me. And if you are reading this then you probably agree with me and are going 'er, duh, obvious!'.

The small things are always the good things, so if you planned to sit on the sofa all day and pick your nose, and then that was all you did, I would call that success. No?

I don't do stress. I've done jobs that stressed me out and I hated them and don't do well with that sort of thing. So over the last 2 years I have created a life for myself where I don't get stressed and anxious and don't hate getting up in the morning. I have mutiple jobs doing different things and I enjoy doing them all. I don't have much (any?) money. But life is good.

So I guess what I mean is that success for me is if I manage to do some things each day which make me happy. Be that doing a good days work, making some jewellery or enjoying an afternoon nap without guilt. It means that I have successfully made a life for myself that I enjoy and am proud of.

And possibly the faint feeling of success that I got from writing this as I'm not very good at this sort of thing....

7 comments:

Rosalie said...

You get naps?
ahhhhhhhh...jealous!

storybeader said...

being happy seems to be a theme for us etsybloggers. And that's a good thing.

storybeader said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...

Well, I'd say you did a good job on this post, even if you don't think you're very good at this sort of thing! Sounds like a good life to me!

The Wildfire: Gifts and Decor said...

Perfect explanation... I couldn't agree with you more. :)
Thanks for participating!

Yazmin said...

LOL rosalie - You can have an afternoon nap too! Just set aside the guilt. ;)

Shell Mitchell said...

I love naps too:)